Tuesday Night Is
Home to Ruby the Westie
Dogs on leads very welcome
Every Tuesday evening at the Treleigh Arms is Quiz Night
Meals are served from 6pm as normal and the Quiz-off is around 8pm.
Results are announced between 9:30 and 10pm.
Teams Are Strictly Amateur
NO UPPER LIMIT ON TEAM MEMBERS
How the Quiz works
- Quiz-off is every Tuesday at 8pm
- Results announced between 9:30 and 10pm
- No upper limit of team members
- Prize for the winning team
- Break of 10 minutes at “half-time”
- 1 point for every correct answer, unless otherwise stated
- Landlady’s Question every week is worth 5 points
- Team points: 5 points for 1st place, 3 points for 2nd place, 2 points for 3rd place
- Bonus point if you get the Landlady’s Question correct
- Wipe-out Round: one wrong answer loses your team all its correct answers !
- At the end of the year, the team with the most points will win a £100 Treleigh Arms Gift Voucher, very generously provided by Nikki
Questions 1 to 10:
Alpha Round, Reverse Alpha Round, Connections, Initial Letter, Last Shall Be First – One of these will be used each week
Questions 11 to 20:
Divided into 2 groups of 5 questions on specific subjects. This is the joker round. Joker subject chosen after answering the questions
Questions 21 to 30:
“Pot-luck” questions. A mixed bag of any subject whatsoever. Every other week a “Pot-luck” round is a “Wipe-out” round
round runs every week from the start to the end of the quiz. This is where the bulk of the points available can be won
There are 2 rules:
Rule 1 – the Quiz-master is always right. Rule 2 – in the unlikely event that the Quiz-master is wrong, Rule 1 applies!
The quiz is about fun and enjoyment not seriousness – so come along and pit your wits against other quiz fans